nopin

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Awww! :*)

I got my TA evaluations back this week. The questions they were asked referred more to the lab in general than to me as a TA:

1) Was this class intellectually stimulating? Did it stretch your thinking?

2) What aspects of this class contributed most to your learning?

3) What aspects of this class detracted from your learning?

4) What suggestions do you have for improving the class?

Nevertheless, a quarter of them answered #2 with some variation of "Our TA! She's great with explaining things!" They actually said that! One person wrote "You're lucky to have her in your department."

Awwwww!! *blushing*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's neato skeeto! I once heard someone say that the best TAs don't do well in their own classes because they're spending too much time with their undergrads. And that the converse was true - the best students are lousy TAs. But in your case it sounds like you're doing a bang-up job on all fronts. Good going!

I didn't realize how small Autumn was until I saw the picture of the two of you lying on the floor. I guess I pictured a dog the size of a malamute, about 80 or 90lbs. BTW, Rika points to the pictures of Autumn and shouts, Daw! Daw! I think it might be her second word, right after Dah Dah Dah for Dad.

lucky_girl said...

that's awesome! When I was a GSI (same diff) in law school my students probably hated me. i hated them, they were so lazy! Guess all the good fresh air up there makes it all good. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

You are an excellent explainer!!!

Congrats on getting the feedback.

Anonymous said...

Very proud of you and happy for you. Proven you have another hidden talent.

The Enforcer said...

I loved reading my evals when I was teaching. The kids said the nicest things and it really made me feel like I was good at actually teaching them something.

Congrats on knowing what that kind of feedback feels like. =)

Arvay said...

Thanks, guys.

Rena, that is so cool! Autumn inspired wee Rika's second word! Awwwww!