nopin

Friday, August 20, 2010

A Glimpse into the Life of Arvay

The following things:

1) A propensity for frequent minor injuries

2) that heal quickly enough to be tackled via short-term solutions

3) but nevertheless require immediate covering and pressure otherwise I bleed all over the place, which is very inconvenient

4) and a perhaps irrational disgust of band-aids*

5) and an unwillingness to alter or reduce daily activities to accommodate said cut and thusly aid in reduction of said bleeding

lead to frequent situations like this:



I think this qualifies as a thereifixedit.

Here are some photos of last night's sunset. Taken around 10 p.m. from my porch. Lovely, isn't it?







Only God can get away with such gaudy colors and have us call it beauty!

* I say perhaps because it's probably pretty sensible. You're covering a cut to keep it clean, but then a tiny bit of adhesive smoodges out from the edges, and you get a band-aid-shaped silhouette of sticky grime surrounding and thusly in the immediate vicinity of your cut. Also also! An actual dermatologist once told me that you should stop wearing band-aids as soon as you can as an injury is healing, because they are bad for your skin!

6 comments:

mdr said...

Yes, bandaid is to stop bleeding and prevent from any contact of dirt/germs. Take it off during healing and make sure it does not get hurt again.
Skin needs to breathe.

You had tetanus shot within 10 years for sure?

Watch out for infection. Signs are oozing, aching, fever. Please stop doing your not immediately required chores -- wood chopping etc.. Hire someone if needed or ask a friend to help. Be safe and careful.

mdr said...

Pls do not let the dogs or rabbit touch that hand, not just the cut area, because dirt/germ moves easily from non-injured part of your hand

Arvay said...

Mudder, I tend to cut myself most while cooking, which is probably not too bad because my knives are sharp and clean. I had my last tetanus shot in 2006. :)

Oh, except yesterday when I cut myself on shards from a bowl I broke by dropping it in the sink while washing. Oops. But the cut in the photo is from getting myself a slice of cheese. :(

Fortunately, all of my cuts heal very quickly! Generally within a few hours! I must be getting good nutrition and have good genes! :)

b said...

Glad that you got a tetanus shot! Once it scabs, I wear the bandaid loosely to allow air circulation but to block out dirt and accidently scraping it off again.

Also - I don't know if you've checked recently, but TP is not sterile and bandaids are! Make sure your cut is clean and you apply neosporin (antibiotic to prevent infection).

I also think you'll find the toilet paper solution annoying whenever you wash your hands though bc it will soak up and disinegrate. Bandaids are best for just sticking there no matter what!

Debs said...

I don't cut myself often, but use the same treatment as you.

Arvay said...

Ew, ew, ew! I don't leave the same dang bandaid there after washing! It's wet and ew! Ew! So either way, you have to change it...