nopin

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Good Eats, Beautiful Weather, Dog Photos, etc

I love cold weather foods! Lasagne!
Cod baked with herbs and buttered bread crumbs:
Served with pasta with fresh tomato sauce and steamed veggies:
Another Working from Home Situation. Absent-mindedly grabbing an apple when you have forgotten that You Are Obligated to Share Apples. I often eat apples while I work, so I don't think about it, then I'm like, "Why are you all up in my grill? Oh."
The trails have been packed enough by multiple skiers and snowmachiners, so DL and I went for a walk last weekend with the dogs running loose. The light was so lovely that I brought a camera. Cricket happy!
Thistle happy!
Happy, happy! Joy, joy!
Here it is! Our holiday card photo. Right behind our cabin!
That lovely, lovely light:
Bluebird skies:
Oh check this out. We passed a friend on the trails, and Cricket screamed at her (because that's what Cricket does). Later that day, I got a facebook message from her. And now I have an eyewitness statement that this little cuddler runs like a hellhound and wails like a banshee!

5 comments:

mdr said...

Baked food and warm soups are the best in cold weather... Beef stew, Bean soup...

Thanks for keeping social distance from the biker friend, especially if they have no masks on, bikers and joggers breath heavier than walkers, keep farther distance from their "exhale".

mdr said...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-outbreaks-us-mink-170721586.html

The report said 3400 mink died in last month and 10,000 died earlier. Animals get them too. Better to Keep dogs safe too.

The news said by April 2021, there should be enough vaccine for all. The tests were promising.

Arvay said...

@mdr, thanks for the reminders! :)

e.davis said...

Love the holiday card photo:) Yes, 'tis the season for hearty stews and savory dishes. BTW-I am going to try making the Lion Heads they looked awesome.

Arvay said...


@e: Wonderful! Please let me know how they come out.