nopin

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Springtime Blahs

Winter is winding down. Last weekend was so warm that we abruptly decided to quit skiing on the river. Our last time then was when we crashed a race! I had forgotten that the race was that day, but they didn't mind that we were on the course. We saw some friends who were racing, including couple MS and ET, who are both Canadian long-distance skiers and who think skiing 40 miles is a stroll in the park. MS won with race in the 3-dog skijor division with Cricket in lead, back before DL and I got Cricket.
Our second-to-last time on the river was a spectacular morning!
I accidentally shot a VERY short video.
Well now skiing is done for. The trails aren't safe due to the moosey situation, and the river is not safe any more. Mud will be here soon, and so will mosquitoes. I have the springtime blahs. I made another pie, this one blueberry-rhubarb. The fruit looks so cheerful.
Mmm spontaneous pie!
I like pie!
Pie! Pie! Pie!
Cricket got a BELLPELLER!!!
And Miss Thistle, too, got a BELLPELLER!!!
She has such deep, round eyes that stare into my SOUL.

2 comments:

e.davis said...

Practically a bluebird day skijoring on the river- a beautiful day to end the season! Love the antidote to springtime blahs- pie!!Yum :) Spring here has arrived on 3/20- like turning a switch- however it was already up to 80 today-ugh. Hoping for it to cool down before the relentless heat of summer arrives.

Arvay said...

@e: And BELLPEPPERS! I buy them faithfully even when they get up to astonishing prices because WELOVEBELLPEPPERS!