nopin

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Snowsy Photos

I took a photo of Raven on the ridge today that reminded me of one I have of my Roo Bear.
I read somewhere that the time of your acute grief is over when the memories make you smile instead of cry. I have mostly gotten there with Autumn and Linden, and I can feel that peace coming with Roo. Raven has helped a lot. When I first lost Roo, I wanted another black dog, but stopped myself because it's not right to try to replace a Friend. You can't do that, and it would be weird! But just as Thistle carries echos of Autumn, Raven carries echoes of Roo, and it's a great comfort, and it came after the healing had mostly smoothed out (3 years in both cases), so no weirdness!

Here are some Super Important Dog Portraits. Cricket was just sitting pretty so I snapped her photo.

Getting Raven to sit nicely is no problem. She's a people-pleaser!
With Thistle it's a bit harder, but I got my triptych!
The light was pretty at the time we were at the dog park last week, so I got Raven to pose with her ball.
"We're losing daylight! Throw the ball!!"
"Thistle, would you like a bok choy stem?"
"Mmmm, Cricket likes bok choy stemzzzz!!"
"And Raven, too, likes bok choy stemzzzz!!"
A lot of people joke about doing "couch marathons", but Thistle does them for real! She even runs at full speed: both front legs, then both back legs.

4 comments:

mdr said...

Thistle was running in her dream??? Haha, That was both funny and adorable.

e.davis said...

Love Thistle running - maybe dreaming of going to Nome. Raven looks like she is living her best life :) Enjoying the photos of snow and winter - through we're technically still in autumn. Cannot believe Christmas is just a week away, just not ready for it this year.

gina said...

LOve pictures of your Fuzzies in the snow!

Arvay said...

@mdr and @e: Yup, she runs in her dreams, more than most dogs!

@gina: I'm glad. :)