nopin

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Good eats and good snuggles

Every San Franciscan knows what this means:


Tomato-beef chow mein!


My sister's favorite!


The other day, Starbuck had a shift to do her theroopy dog thing for Finals Week, so I brought Cricket along to the office so she wouldn't be alone all day. She got pretty comfy! (Then when we went to the library for Roo to do her thing, Cricket got to take a walk with a friend!)


The same as Roo does!


Would these two ladies like...


... some of my APPLE?

(answer: YESPLEASEWELOVEAPPLES!!)

Look, they snuggle with me, too! I just have fewer of these photos since DL is not as quick with the camera as I am!


CORN, and 'MERICA!!


BUTTER, Y'ALL!!


OK I think gluttony photos are funny, but to be honest I'm actually a pretty "healthy" eater and always pile on the veggies:


I've even figured out this clever way to steam broccoli. I cut the florets very tall and narrow, with uniform-length parts of stem attached. Then I stand them up in a tiny bit of water, cover it, and put it on high heat. The stems get boiled, while the tender florets get steamed!


Look! They cuddle!!!!!!! Awwww!!! <3 <3 <3

DL's Extremely Tidy and Extremely Organized wiring gets me all hot and bothered. :)

4 comments:

MDR said...

LOVE YOUR SELFIES.. LOVE YOUR WAY TO COOK BROCCOLI (WILL COPY YOU)... RA LOVES LOVES LOVES TOMATO BEEF CHOW MEIN, HER #1 FAVORITE.. YOURS LOOKS LIKE THE RESTAURANT'S, MUST BE YUMMY.. THANKS FOR SHARING AND EATING HEALTHY...

Rena said...

Mmmm, tomato beef chow mein. It was written up years ago by Carolyn Jung and I've never made it because kiddo #2 (our biggest eater) doesn't like tomatoes. But here's the article: http://www.foodgal.com/2008/09/my-moms-one-and-only-tomato-beef-chow-mein/

Arvay said...

@mdr, let me know how it turns out!

@Rena, what a beautiful description that author gives! Her mom's version of tomato-beef chow mein is way more work than mine (I don't crisp the noodles separately; just pan-fry them in with the meat and veggies), but I'm going to adopt her use of stewed tomatoes instead of ketchup (is that a horrifying confession?).

bt said...

I love the engineered 2 phase broccoli cooking solution.