nopin

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Happy Year of the Ox!

Red is an auspicious color, so today I put on... THIS!:
(LOL I have been partying it up in New Year attire since September!)

Since our New Year Feast is a party of two, I divided it into several days. Day one was nian-gao:

On actual New Year's Day, I made jiao-zis:
And kale for veggies:
A very edited New Year "feast":
But I made 136 in total, so we are having more tonight, and there are more in the freezer!
I wish you and yours a happy and healthy Year of the Ox!

3 comments:

e.davis said...

Wishing you a healthy happy new year as well! Your new year's feast looked amazing- even better that there was enough for multiple meals!
BTW - the Thistle waiting for her apple photo with those doleful eyes - precious & priceless:)

MDR said...

WE HAD FROZEN DUMPLINGS. YOURS MUST TASTE FRESHER AND BETTER. I WISH I COULD HAVE SOME. GOOD FOR YOU.

HAVE A SAFE, HEALTHY AND HAPPY 2021 AND MANY MANY MANY DECADES TO COME.

Arvay said...

@e.davis, yes! It was delicious! And Thistle can see into my soul with those eyes!

@Mdr: Tell CH that teaching SHE to wrap jiao-zis should be part of childhood. Even Page treasures those memories with us, and she's not even Chinese!