nopin

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Photos from my sister's visit

First, a note to my mother and brother-in-law: I am not posting photos in which my sister is clearly identifiable, because she is a very private person. I will send you all of the photos full-size on a CD via snail-mail, and there are some beautiful ones of her there, okay? Okay, now that that's out of the way...

The visitor's center in Nenana:


My sister taking a photo of me taking a photo of her taking a photo of me taking a photo of her:


A glacier visible from our hike:


An incoming storm, which chased us off the ridge:


Linden looking very happy:


Autumn looking very happy:


A creek in Denali, during the storm:


Behbeh goat #1 (smiling!):


Behbeh goat#2:


Pigs:

The piggie entertainment was that they stood in their troughs while their barley was poured over their heads. I do that to my rabbits. :) Oh, and guess what they get for fat? Falafel oil from the people who run the falafel stand at the farmer's market, who are old friends of my dogs' former mom.

Porch:


Now here are some photos from berry picking.

A view to Wickersham Dome:


The dogs on the trail:


My sister on the trail:


My sister photographing the view:


View towards the mountains:


View towards the valley:


Linden sitting in her classic Dope Position (on one ass cheek):


Wile E. Autumn surveying her territory:


Autumn in the berry patch:


And on the last day, we went to Chena Lakes and rented a canoe.

Chena Lake, clear and calm:


The girls relaxing in the boat:


A beaver lodge:


The girls sun-worshipping:


A lake inlet:


My sister taking a photo of Autumn:


Phew! All done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how beautiful it is where you live.

Anonymous said...

OOOH NICE PAKSHARS!
Blippir laughs when shy thinks of our episodic obsessive compulsive blueberry picking fits

Anonymous said...

Nothing makes me happier to see you both have good time. Good pictures