nopin

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Brrrrr-tacular weather images

Yup, that brrrrr-tacular weather arrived! It came Sunday and left Wed night. When I first moved to Fairbanks, cold snaps of a week or longer were more common. Now a cold snap of three days feels punishing. I suppose I have gotten soft.
But not as soft as Miss Thistle!!
Cricket is actually the more enthusiastic snuggler, but here is a photo of her looking contemplative.
Do ya loooove me? (Do ya love me?) I can mash potatoes! (I can mash potatoes!)
"Hello! We are ready for our breakfast!"
Brrrr-tacular!
Even they dash back to the porch!
When I cover my face, I grow even more frost!
But they still want to go! They are very committed to routine!
Could you ignore this face?
Or this pouting?
On Wed at 10 a.m., it was -40. By the time we went to bed, it was 0 degrees F! This photo is midday.
They waited very patiently for me to be willing to get out!
I'm skiing strong now. On Thurs I skied about 3/4 of our 5.5-mile loop and hooked up to the girls for the last bit, just to practice balance and core strenght. On Sat I skijored the whole way. Today I skied myself the whole way! I can now do both! Yay!

1 comment:

e.davis said...

Yay, that is good news to be skiing and skijoring your loop -bet the girls are happy their human is back to full strength:) P.S. I love miss Thistle's ice beard :) I'd be runnin' for the house too if the bottom nearly dropped out of the thermometer!