nopin

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Photos from here and there

Summer is proceeding apace. Thistle and I are quite uncomfortably warm, but... seeing as our weather is cooler than just about anyone else's in the Northern hemisphere, I ought not to complain. On the whole, it's been a lovely summer, with enough intermittent rain to prevent big wildfires and smoke.

Anyway, since the adoption of Raven, these are our grandpuppies! They are very nice and very diverse... It is almost certain that they are the product of more than one dad. These photos are from 2 weeks ago, at age 6 weeks. They are huge!

There were two of these pandas, one boy and one girl, but the girl did not survive early infancy. Here is the boy.

One boy brown bear cub!
And one girl brown bear cub!
And one giant Kodiak bear cub boy! I love to squeeze this one most of all!
And here is one black bear cub boy! He went home yesterday. His new parents are over the moon to have this sweet pup.
And here is one black bear cub girl!
The fireweed has come late, but it is as lovely as ever. I took this photo on our walk last weekend.
And look how pretty lovely Igraine looks with the fireweed! Igraine is a resident working dog at Sirius, taking tourists for sled rides to support the rescue.
My Lazy Person's Garden™ is very pretty, too! It's all annuals and lightly managed endemic flowers. These purple and white columbines were a splitting from a friend.
This red and gold one, I started myself from seed! I saw this gorgeous thing on UAF campus and tied a string around the stem. When it went to seed that fall, I gathered the seeds. Three years later, I had my beauty.
I learned that columbines, like labrador retreivers, cross color genes easily and so you can't be guaranteed that your babies will have the color of the parent. Sure enough, I also got this pretty yellow one.
And this pink and white one!
I also got lily bulbs from a friend, and now have these beauties:
My perennials are all complemented by the wild delphinium:
Guess what? Miss Raven also likes BROCCYSTEMZ!!
MMMMMM BROCCYSTEMZ!!
YAAAAY BROCCYSTEMZ!!
The girls are all aligned when it comes to Observing SKWERLZ.
And as a final photo for my 14 loyal readers, I would like to share a squeezie selfie with gentle Levon, another Sirius resident and known (accurately) as the Sweetest Boy in the World.

4 comments:

mdr said...

Three of us (SE, CH and me) all said OOH and AHH at every cutie as we were scrolling down the page ... At first we loved the panda, then we loved the bear, the next bear and each of them. Enjoy.

mdr said...

I love the puppy holder the most :-)

gina said...

This post of yours was almost a cuteness overload! Between the squeezable, huggable, puppies and the gorgeous
flowers....Thanks for sharing both in the same post!

Arvay said...

Two puppies went home this week! Both black bears. Now only brown bears, panda, and kodiak bear are left. :)