nopin

Monday, September 7, 2020

Fall is.. not quite... fallling...

Mid last week, my first fireweed turned red. There is always an early one!
And while I was taking the photo, I noticed a sleeping bumblebee, not yet warmed by the sun.
Today (Monday), my first sunflower is (finally) about to bloom!
I also noticed a volunteer pansy! My first ever volunteer ornamental! I don't have any pansies, so this one must've come by bird!
Yesterday and today, we had bluebird skies:
Our weekend "small adventure" (when we don't do a longer dayhike) is this trail from home. For the part near the road, I keep the girls hooked to me and we canicross. We are super fast and have to stop every now and then to let DL catch up.
Look! The first tinge of yellow on the trees:
Walking, walking:
The blueberry plants are red now:
Walking, walking...
A sunny spot in the woods:
The sky is bluetrueblue:
Homeward now!
Here is our main road, looking South:
And looking North:
And here is our road. Home is on the left:

5 comments:

mdr said...

:-) :-) :-)

mdr said...

Nothing makes me happier than knowing you (&CH/SE) are well. Thank you for sharing the pictures. According to the air quality monitor site, your air quality has been green, ours has been fluctuating between yellow, orange, red to occasional purple for the last three weeks due to fire, fire, fire, fire...

e.davis said...

So glad the air is good and the sky is blue:) Today it was dark gray here - not storm clouds, but smoke! AQI over 400 :( Be well!

mdr said...

more new fires today, the sky looks like desert color.

Arvay said...

I hear the fires are mostly contained now. I will keep my fingers crossed for clean air for you soon!