nopin

Monday, September 14, 2020

The Best Student Meeting Ever

The pandemic has had a few upsides. I'm not saying they are in any way compensation for some half a million people lost worldwide, but we need to count our tiny blessings in dark times. Here are a few:

1) Easier to keep touch with non-local friends and associates. BT's book club! My high school friends' Sunday morning virtual breakfasts! Anchorage SWE meetings!

2) People's pets popping up on zoom meetings. I lovelovelove when, say, a cat meow's in Denver, and makes a dog bark in Florida. I find it very amusing when they come into the view and demand attention.

When it was mosquito season, Cricket would jump into my lap after I killed mosquitoes. Everyone would go, "AWWWWW". Then I'd have to explain about my Jainist dog.

2 comments:

mdr said...

The eye meds related stocks are shooting up in Taiwan since the pandemic. (I am not familiar with the US stocks). Chinese foresee the future trouble like what Confucius taught Chinese.



Arvay said...

@mdr: Isolating at home is not easy, and there will be health concerns stemming from all kinds of things: Too much computer time, social isolation, ergonomics, mental health, substance abuse, missing preventative health care checkups, etc, etc. But all of these things are more surmountable than getting covid-19.