nopin

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Super Important Wednesday Update

One (1) of my sunflowers bloomed. So now if we frost, I can say, I grew one (1) sunflower. :)
Also, have you ever had elephant garlic?
When I saw it, I was all, "WOW! This is AWESOME! Finally when a recipe calls for "one clove of garlic", I can follow it exactly and be okay with it! But... it's not garlic. It doesn't even taste like garlic. It tastes like a really bland, mild leek. Now not only do I have disappointment, I have no garlic. DL says that decades from now when we write our memoirs about the hardships and privations we had to endure during the Great Pandemic, I should write about the Disappointment of Elephant Garlic.

2 comments:

gina said...

I've never heard of Elephant Garlic. I'm sorry you were disappointed but drinking my morning coffee and reading that made my day. I LOVE garlic and would have been disappointed too :(

mdr said...

Precious sunflower. Maybe keep its seeds, it must have strong gene to grow there and be so beautiful.