nopin

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Cricket is very emotionally expressive

Most dogs don't really like hugs. They just tolerate them for our benefit. But Cricket likes hugs.
She likes to cuddle with DL more than she likes to cuddle with me, but I'll do in a pinch.
A cuddle while I wait for others to join my morning meeting
But here is her true preference!
If she needs a hug, and you ignore her, she sulks.
Brrrr! It's gotten cold again. I wish it'd snow some more so our skiing will be more cushioned, but I guess I can't complain if we can still ski at all.
Here is a kerflop photo. I wish Thistle would like to cuddle because she is so sofff. But she is coming around and now requests the occasional bellyrub. She also graciously accepts my hugs, although she does not seek them out and so in the interest of respecting her bodily sovereignty, I limit myself to 4 a day. Maybe 5. Sometimes 6.
I took a screenshot this morning of my colleague's cat demanding a cuddle like NOW. I like to see my colleagues' pets, and even hear their human children chattering in the background. It brings a human element to the covid isolation.

2 comments:

gina said...

Love the four legged family members. They have such unique personalities. I have 2 cats who are as different as night and day.

Are you getting the Covid 19 vaccine shots easily where you are? In the Tallahassee area, being older, we were able to get the 2 Moderna shots but now health departments are waiting on more shipments. I hope the supply and shipment gets straightened out soon and all can be vaccinated! You have wonderful quarantine company.....be healthy!

Arvay said...

@gina: That, they do! I believe we are as blessed to love our fuzzy things, as we are to be loved by them.

Regarding vaccinations, Alaska has the highest rate of vaccination per capita nationwide! However, I'm not on top of exactly why, although I can think of two things that contribute to those numbers. (1) The cutoff for "elderly" here is 65 instead of 75, and (2) In the Native villages off the road system, they offered vaccinations to everybody, independent of age. This is because they don't have hospitals there (only at best small clinics of limited care capacity), and they are densely populated in terms of humans per home, so outbreaks in the villages have been really terrible. I think they were mostly eagerly accepted, too. The "anti-vaxxer" thing is not really big among indigenous people who remember or have heard stories of entire communities being wiped out by the WWI flu pandemic. :(