nopin

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Winter sighs and slips away

Only two weeks ago, temperatures came above freezing for the first time:
Warm-weather foods began showing up at the stores, too! I made my first guac and pico of the year!
The overflow on the creek crossing got wider and wider. Miss Thistle, ever a leader, is so great about navigating through the safe spots! (Note: This creek is very shallow, so the risk is not drowning nor even getting wet. The risk is slipping on the ice and banging up my knees!)
When we get to the narrow spur to our house, Cricket always yields the lead to her. Such well-trained girls I have!
And then just last weekend, the weather turned... to a Winter-is-over temperature:
I gave up skijoring, unhooked the girls, and skied freely with them running beside me. The snow is too fast to be pulled by dogs at these temperatures! The overflow was now impassible on skis. I took off my skis and walked across along the side, through the remaining soft snow in the woods.
Happy girls!
Not all of us are sad at the end of winter. Cricket loves sunbathing!
Thistle is less excited about warm weather, but she does enjoy her couch time, too. Boy, she sure is soft and fluffy. I'd sure love to squeeze her more often, but Her Royal Highness Does not Care to be Squozen.
Cricket, on the other hand, always loves a good squeeze. :)

5 comments:

mdr said...

Thanks for the pictures.
Be safe and healthy

mdr said...

hope you have frozen corns (or less preferred canned corns) for the guacamole. Wishing for cilantros too?

Arvay said...

@mdr: Not pictured: cilantro, garlic, and onions. But we can get those almost all the time! The avocados are what are special and seemed a treat. :)

mdr said...

Great, I am happy that you have them all the time.

e.davis said...

Your girls are so irresistably squeezable and huggable:) It makes me give my own puppers an extra squeeze! Winter seems to be back for an encore here - but that only means 40's, rain & wind! Quite soggy- so looking forward to some sun & drying out :)