nopin

Monday, April 27, 2020

Good Eats

Behold, my classic salmon and black bean enchiladas, made with actual Mexican cheese this time. These are the best thing I can ever think to make with leftover salmon.


I use enchilada sauce from a can, no embarrassment.


And put frozen corn in the oven with a modest amount of butter:


The veggie is the only thing that varies in this meal. This day, I decided on roast cauliflower, with olive oil, salt, and minced garlic. I learned this from loyal reader (and meatworld friend) Rena:


Other recent tasty things...

Potato cakes, made with leftover mashed potatoes!


These are precut boneless chicken thighs that I baked in the oven wrapped in barbecue sauce and aluminum foil:


Veggies and fancy sausage to toss with pasta:


And here we have one of the world-famous Copper River Red (Sockeye) salmon, all ready to go into stew. The fillets contain pin bones, which I remove with needle-nosed pliers.


This day, I made a cioppinoid. A cioppino base, but with nothing but fish, no shellfish, alas. I love me some mussels, but I just don't feel comfortable buying them in the interior of Alaska!


Herbs and hot peppers!


I boil the skins for the dogs:


Cricket likes fishy skins!


Thistle likes fishy skins!


The fish again. Is it not beautiful? Everyone loves kings (also called chinooks), but not me (nor DL). There is nothing like a Copper River Red!


Cioppinoid! And if I add veggies, it's a one-pot meal!


This is how the fish is packaged from the Alaska Marine Conservation Council:


All ready to just dump into the freezer


It's quite nice!

1 comment:

mdr said...

Ra and Mdr say : wow, yummy, :-), loved it..

Big thanks to Rene too, for many reasons.