nopin

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Safety!

In the interest of normalizing safety, I took a selfie in my new skiing helmet and posted it on Facebook:


I figure skiing with a helmet may well be like wearing a face mask during a pandemic. If enough people do it, it will seem normal. I got a lot of "likes" and encouraging comments. I'm not the picked-on little kid I was growing up. People actually kinda like me, so I have some social capital. :) I hope it is enough to make me someone to emulate!

Look how sweet these girls are though!

This photo was taken before our skijor! They don't jump up and down the way sled dogs do in teams. They are my little guardian angels on earth. :)

I also got kneepads, but much less admiration for those. But hey it hurts to fall down on ice!


They are really disciplined pullers!


And here is the last of our cheese from our Montana trip in January:


We will have to visit again when this coronavirus mess is over. They got a new puppy we will have to meet!

Look how cute she is! She is a German Shepherd, and her name is Echo:


She's got little bitty toe beans!


1 comment:

e.davis said...

I'm not on Facebook so I'll add my "like" for the helmet here :) I don't skijor, but do ride my bicycle around the neighborhood for exercise. Haven't always used my helmet, but in the last few weeks that has changed-especially since it could spare an unwanted trip to the ER if I fell. Think I'll keep up the practice!
Great foodie photos on the last post - as always - all looks delish!
Love the ickle-wee-tiny-puppy - adorable;)