nopin

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Food Photos, interspersed with Dog Photos

Oven-barbecued chicken:


It came out just like the recipe photo! :)


Braised collards:


All with mashed potatoes (I add carrots to mine):


Breakfast the next day then has fried potato cakes! Yum!


Breakfast on another day: a veggie scramble (bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and cheese) with refritos and tortillas:


Salmon from the local seafood dealer, from whom we purchase in bulk:


I cook almost all of them the same. I pour on whatever sauce (e.g. barbecue, teriyaki, garlic and lemon, or this simple soy and vinegar), wrap it in foil, and bake it in the oven:


So easy:


Kale:


With mashed potatoes (again, with the carrots):


Those fillets are always too much for one meal, but not enough for two, so my household classic the next day is mixing the leftovers with black beans and queso fresco, and making enchiladas. But we were out of queso fresco, and I am limiting trips to the store in the Age of Coronavirus, so this time I substituted cheddar and mozzarella:


And these cheddar-and-mozzarella-topped salmon-and-black-bean enchiladas represent my first actual coronavirus-induced privation. I am definitely, amazingly blessed (and also good at planning, if I do say so myself!):


This does not feel like privation. Nor does it feel like leftovers:


My kitchen supervisors! Thistle will accept veggies now, but she chews them up and spits them out; then Cricket vacuums up the bits. Whatever. Dogs!


Tomato-beef chow mein:


Cricket loooooooves her daddy:


Thistle is so sweet and gentle and smiley:


Do you think they are comfy? I sure hope they are comfy:


Oh, here is another breakfast photo. Breakfast enchiladas with leftover pico de gallo and guacamole from the previous night's tacos:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DL is a lucky man. You have better quality salmon than here.

Well balanced meals and are very tasty too.

One advice: Please cook all veg to kill coronavirus. (That tomato slices for breakfast.).

Arvay said...

mdr, thank you for your compliments! I wash tomatoes (and other fruits) with dilute Dr. Bronners before eating them (raw or cooked). If you choose to refrain from raw tomatoes, that is a valid choice, too. :)

mdr said...

hahah. just be careful

Rinse Dr.Bronners clean...

mdr said...

Please email us the chicken leg receipe, thank you