nopin

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Semester winding down

This Monday is the last day of class! I have been teaching classes via zoom. It has been a pretty straightforward shift for us, although of course it's nowhere near as thorough as a truly online class should be (with recorded lectures and thoughtfully prepared self-study materials). But there is only so much you can do on a week's notice, alas. Ironically, our lecture rooms on campus would be great places for staging online classes--they have huge whiteboards and integrated cameras and overhead projectors for recording lectures. But of course, going to campus is not an option!

I for one am thankful that the University President will not say whether classes will be in-person or online in the fall. No one knows what fall, or even this summer, will be like! To pull predictions out of your butthole based on mere hope would make you lose credibility.

When I was a small child and things were scary, adults would say, "Don't worry, it'll be alright." When I got older, they shifted from those platitudes to things like, "We don't know what will happen, but let us be brave and prepare for several possibilities." The most inspirational words people can honestly muster for a mature adult are, "I believe in you. Be Strong. We'll get through this together." But nothing more. No lies, please!

Here are some photos of the girls on a weekday. We still start our days with a morning run, and then I proceed to my "home office", while they do this.

8 a.m.:


10 a.m.:


Noon:


5 p.m.:


5:30 p.m.:


6 p.m.:


And that concludes my work-from-home photographic study.

1 comment:

mdr said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA..

THE FUNNIEST 'JOURNAL' I HAVE EVER READ. LOVED IT.

OFTEN, FUNNY THINGS CAN ONLY BE NOTICED/CAPTURED BY PEOPLE WITH FUNNY SENSES.