nopin

Monday, March 1, 2021

Good eats

OK before we get to food photos, here are Very Important Dog photos. Look, boneless dogs!
Do you know what Cricket loves?
Cricket. Freaking. LOOOOOOVES GREE'BEANS!!!!!
Miss Thistle, on the other hand, takes her snackies like a regal queen, which she is. She does not care for green beans, but we share my apple every afternoon.
OK here are my food photos! First up: Rockfish and veggie chow mein with black bean sauce. My own invention. It came out pretty good!
Rockfish baked with buttered breadcrumbs. Roast veggies and Alaskan barley on the side:
Having frozen jiao-zis from New Year's is handy. You can eat them as part of a meal instead of the whole meal, and feel like you are in a restaurant! Here we had 'em with fried rice and rockfish with black bean sauce and bok choy.
I splurged on king crab legs in my last seafood order from the Alaskan seafood co-op. They were very tasty, but a lot of work and very spiny:
We only ate the legs, but I steamed the body parts, too. I pulled out the meat and made crab cakes the next day:
They came out pretty good! Since DL had shoveled all day and I had skijored half the day, I indulged in mac n cheese, also. SO GOOD!
For lunch today, I had radish kimchi egg chow mein. Fermented veggies count as veggies, right? I mean, 50 million Koreans can't be wrong.
Here is a photo of Cricket being cute. I have a hypothesis that deep in her hound ancestry (which is obviously different from her wolf ancestry, because she's different from the other huskies), there was a time and place where animals were stationary and plants were mobile. That's why she takes meat gently but needs to pounce on her veggies.
We got about 8 inches of fresh snow last week, and over the weekend, we were the first to make tracks!
The light was gentle and eerie during that overcast day:

No comments: