nopin

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Good Eats

Moosey ribs simmered in pho seasoning came out awesome:


We had them over rice with steamed gai lan drizzled with oyster sauce.

I also made the aforementioned guacamole, and added red bell peppers since it was Christmas morning:


And made a scramble with these things:


To have with tortillas and said guac:


For Christmas dinner, I roasted Cornish game hens:


Served with mashed squash, dressing, and green beans:


Everything came out "good", but also rather meh. It turns out I'm not that crazy about roasted chicken, no matter how prettily presented (and well-cooked, if I do say so myself!). I ended up eating only the dark meat, and saving the breasts to make soup the next day. Even DL, with his relatively big appetite, didn't finish his. They made a nice Mexican chicken soup (no photos of that, unfortunately!)

The ladies always supervise me chopping veggies. They lovelovelove veggies, stems especially! (Cricket struggles a bit with leaves. She maws at them and looks confused.)



Here are blueberry pancakes made with Delta Junction barley flour:


I'm sure glad I always make an effort to score blueberries every summer, even if it's raining!

2 comments:

gina said...

Your food always looks soooo yummy! Happy New Year to you and the Fuzzies

Arvay said...

Thank you! Happy New Year to you, as well!