nopin

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Winter strikes back!

After a heartbreakingly early spring, making us miss almost all of March skiing, temperatures dropped over the weekend, and yesterday morning we woke up to a blanket of fluff!


Starbuck-A-Roo was *very* happy and did a Dance of Joy!

Whenever it snows overnight, the following morning as we prepare for work, DL quietly goes out and cleans the snow off my car when he does his. I hear so many stories of people finding their partners "unromantic" because they don't buy flowers or recite poetry, and failing to notice the things their partners actually do for them. I try to notice all of the little things DL does for me.


The other day I was in Frontier Outfitters and saw this sheep-patterned wool vest! I picked it up, then put it down. I don't need another vest. But damn! You know how sometimes something just speaks to you? So I got it, actually with a gift certificate DL gave me for Christmas! It reminded me too much of this sheep-patterned wool hat that DM knitted and sent me from Shetland! How could I say no?


OK now we need some dog photos... Here they are snuggling in a shaft of light!


When I saw that, I had to take a squeezie selfie:


There have been sightings of a black wolf around our neighborhood lately, so I tied this bandana on Roo so she looks less wolfy. She would not sit still for a photo until I held her paw. Definitely not a wolf!


Here is Cricket, who loooooooooves to snuggle with her Daddy. Also, definitely, not a wolf.

2 comments:

mdr said...

I love the vest. It looks very complimenting on you. I also feel vests are most practical. Vests do not restrict arms movement and keep your body warm. Great choice.

Lary said...

And both dogs said "Sigh! Another selfie. Oh well, it makes her happy."