nopin

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Winter settling in

Ahhhh winter. Zzzzzz...
Look! Intertoesal fuzz and jellybean tootsies!
Guess what I have? Mmmmmm a carrot!
They also like... BELLPEPPERS!!
It got cold so suddenly this year that Cricket's paws are not fuzzy yet. I had to put booties on her for our longer walks last weekend. But oh that gorgeous winter light!
Squeezie selfie!!
I am a bit intimidated by my 24! Pound! Turkey! But I'm grateful that I got a local one raised by 4H kids! Well, if the breasts turn out dry, I will give them to a friend who has a dog team. Not even soup can recover cardboard turkey breasts, but dogs will always love them, cardboard or not!
It was a bit breezy the other morning, so I busted out my windproof vest from Cordova. I think I will order a coat from them as well. It seems that winter wind is becoming more common in Fairbanks, alas.
The next morning was still breezy! Ugh! But I did recall that I had my awesome hat from Apocalypse Design! IT has a windproof shell and is lined with fluffy fleece. Now I want to call them and ask them to make me pants of the same material!
Guess what I have? I have an aaaaaaaaaaapple.
Happy Thanksgiving to all 14 of my Loyal Readers! I know I have a lot to be thankful for!

3 comments:

mdr said...

Was the 24 pounder still moist? I could have the drumsticks if I was there. Love your hat lamp. Stay warm and be safe.

gina said...

A 24 pounder is a BIG bird, lots of meals in different forms! Amazing how Fuzzies can smell, sense, hear food, even if it's around the corner of a table. My fuzzies and sense it from another room, lol. Glad your family had a happy Thanksgiving.

Arvay said...

@mdr, it came out okay!

@gina, Yes! And then you see their eeeeeeeeyes.