nopin

Monday, November 1, 2021

Halloween

This was our second socially-distanced Halloween! Before COVID, we hardly got any trick-or-treaters, but last year when I put a notice on our neighborhood Facebook group that I was doing this, a bunch of other neighbors did, too, and now it's annual tradition! For the first time, all of my candy got taken. Of course, so many of my neighbors are far more artistic than I am and made WAY more elaborate setups. I kept my simple "retro" jack-o-lanterns and DL's sawhorses.
This year, since it was warmer, and we better understand COVID transmission, I waved at several of the kiddos from the porch, rather than cowering inside in fear of COOTIES.
I got the perfect amount of candy, and the last bag disappeared at about 8, when most of the kiddos quit.
While I was carving pumpkins, Her Royal Highness came over for her share. I googled, and apparently it's safe to feed dogs raw pumpkin, but Thistle has such a delicate digestive system I didn't want to risk it. I had to stare at those eeeeeeeeyes and it was so. Hard.
Then she went to sulk.
And give me sad looks.
I pointed out that we had a good sugar pumpkin, and I'd roast it soon for us all to share.
But she kept making me feel bad, so I opened this for her.
Queen Thistle does not have a monopoly on manupulation. Princess Cricket also has Needs. Hers are more emotional. She loves cuddles from DL.
And Deep Conversations
And bellyrubs
If DL is not available when she needs a hug, I'll do. She give me side-eye and sulks.
So I give her a hug. She has Feelings.
Welcome November!

4 comments:

MDR said...

NICE :-)
THIS WAS HOW IT WAS IN 2020 AND 2021... CH MADE SURE THE ENTIRE HOUSE, UP AND DOWN, ALL WINDOWS AND LIGHTS OFF (SO PEOPLE THOUGHT WE WERE OUT GETTING CANDIES), I BRUSHED TEETH IN TOTAL DARKNESS WHILE CH AND SE SAT IN THE DINING ROOM STARING AT THE ONE PUMPKIN THEY CARVED IN THE AFTERNOON. JE WAS UPSTAIRS WATCHING TV IN DARKNESS. AROUND 8PM, SHE BELIEVED IT WAS SAFE SO WE TURNED ON THE LIGHT.

mdr said...

YOU MUST KNOW IT WAS NOT BECAUSE SHE WAS CHEAP. SHE JUST THOUGHT PEOPLE'S COOTIES COULD "SPRAY" ON THE FRONT STEPS, THE FRONT DOOR, AND LINGER ON IN THE AIR....

Arvay said...

@Mdr: Thank you for sharing. May I ask that you please refrain from using your CAPS LOCK? It's difficult for me to read ALL CAPS. Thank you. :)

mdr said...

I see.. Okay