nopin

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Notes from here and there

Good morning on the full moon! And what is it, Mary Oliver asks, that you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
Do you think they are comfy? I sure hope they are comfy.
And! They get BROCCYSTEMZ!
It's difficult to get as funny photos of Cricket, as she's so fast!
Here is another rescue. Her name is Pepper. She is very houndy-sprinty, with an extremely sweet temperament. I got to know her first by her reputation! ReRun Kennel gets almost all of their dogs from the shelter or from local rescue groups, and in addition to that, they also take dogs from the shelter for home visits. On these home visits, they test their temperaments, test their home behavior, take them mushing, etc, and report back to increase their odds of finding good homes! Look at this adorable video they made of Pepper!

Pepper is now at Sirius.

Lucy is another very sprinty hound, with an equally sweet temperament. ReRun Kennel also took her home for a few days, and here is the video they made of Lucy!

Lucy is now also at Sirius.

Pepper and Lucy both like to cuddle, and I'm sure would love to live on a couch!

And last weekend I met Koda! He is a malamute, and he let me squeeze him!
I also took him for a walk. It was a very pretty afternoon/evening.
Handsome boy!
He sticks his tongue out sometimes! So funny!
He walks like a pet and not a sled dog. Doesn't pull, just moseys along and enjoys himself. Sniffs things, sometimes tangles his leash in his back legs. It is a very different experience from my years of marching around with sled dogs.
He also passed the squat and pee test! He did not yank me over, nor attempt a proctology exam. He just sat reeeeeally close and stared into my face.
Pretty sunset! You'll have to imagine him here. He would not cooperate to take a photo here!
And guess whom I saw yesterday? Timber! I am so happy to see Timby boy in the best home for him with active humans who love him and give him lots of snugglin'!
And he still likes to be squozen!
Miss Thistle does not care to be squozen, so out of Respect for Her Royal Majesty, I restrict myself to about 6 squeezes a day. Or maybe 7. Or sometimes 8. No more than 10!!
And Princess Cricket loves snuggling like thing else, although she has a preference for her daaaaaaaddy.

1 comment:

mdr said...

Love you and your pictures. Please take good care of your ankles, WALK carefully on the ice. Thank you