nopin

Saturday, May 4, 2013

The winter that will not end

Last night, I retrieved my skis from "summer storage", and today I skied.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. Skiing in general is awesome. Skiing in May is... a little weird.

I hear that this is happening all over Alaska. Anchorage last week was brisk. Several feet of snow dumped on Denali. And now I hear that the fortymile region is in for a winter storm. Hum.

My environs last night:




Calypso Farm is eeeeeven colder than I am, because they are another thousand or two feet higher:




But I went to visit the critters, including a set of two week old behbehgoats!:






The sheep would normally have been sheared by now, but this year... nope.







I sure love me some behbehgoats! Funny, the first photo of me with the kid is almost the same as this one from three years ago!

1 comment:

mdr said...

Yeah! Freeze mosquitoes.