nopin

Friday, March 2, 2018

Chinese New Year Photos

Oh, before I get into Chinese New Year Photos, here is a photo of the gift cheese a student gave me. Puns!


Jiu-cai. I only used half of a giant bunch, and forgot about the other half for about a week. Then DL asked me why "it smells like something died in the fridge" and whoops there was my slimy jiu-cai.


The completed filling. My friend with the shellfish allergy has moved temporarily to Tennessee, so I put chopped prawns into the filling again. I miss her; prawns are a small consolation.


Mmmm jiao-zhes!


I am a master at roasting chickens. Check out this beaut!


Hangin' with two- and four-legged friends!


Dudes cuddling their doggos:


The next day, I put the leftover filling (after we had used the rest of the wrappers) into a drop biscuit pan:


They tasted fine, but stuck a bit to the cast iron:


Leftover veggies are going into stir-fries:


No comments: