nopin

Monday, March 12, 2018

Photos round the house

Snugglebugs!


Charcoal stayed with us the other day:

Four! Four fuzzy things in my house! Ah, ah, ah! Vahnderful!

Cricket enjoying Roo's soffty ear:


The fuzzies looking thoughtful together:


The weather is getting warmer, so it's time to eat the things we won't want in summer, including moose stew:


The ladies helped to Quality Control on the carrots:






Fancy cornbread courtesy of my new fancy cornbread pan:


Look at this pretty photo I took of our fractal broccoli!


Meese outside! Three meese!


4 comments:

gina said...

I love all your pictures! I live in north Florida and was curious if you make your cornbread with sugar or buttermilk? Thanks.

Arvay said...

I use the recipe on the Alber's box:
http://alberscorn.com/albers-corn-bread/

I often use whole-wheat or barley flour instead of the white. It tastes just as good, but the texture suffers a bit (it doesn't have good cohesion and wants to crumble into pieces).

Arvay said...

How do you make cornbread in North Florida??

gina said...

I'm retired, single now, and cook for myself, so I go the easy route. I use Martha White Buttermilk Corn Meal Mix.....just add milk, oil and egg and the mix. Friends remember me when they make the "real" stuff, for which I'm grateful. I've been to your lovely state twice now. The second time was a land tour , which I loved. While in Tok I was amazed at the sun high at 11PM. I still haven't see the
Aurora Borealis either in Alaska or Norway....but will sooner or later. I love your blog and am so happy you write it!