nopin

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Winter winding down :(

This could be our last week or so on the trails, before they thaw to mud and then a swamp.

Nowadays, we are barely dropping below freezing at night.

Here are the ladies running on top of the crusty, icy snow!


There is quite a bit of ice already:


Rosie Creek has a trickle of water already:


Roo and her tongue:


Temperature on the trail at 11 a.m.:


Roo doing her thing on the snow. She doesn't sink in any more, though she tries. She paws at it and paws at it and then gives up and flops on the hard ice:


Ohhhh rooooooo....


Sitting pretty!


Cricket prancing down the trail!


Climbing the hill!


I only just started brushing them and was astonished that Starbuck has put out this much fuzz! Cricket has only just begun:

3 comments:

mdr said...

Ra and I LOVE Starbuck's shedding fur :-(

rara said...

I love the chinese easter ham!It looks yummy. When are you coming to vist me and make a chinese ham? I miss you! I have your picture on the wall. :-)

e.davis said...

Enjoy these last days of winter before break-up. Looks like Roo & Cricket are making the most of it;) Ready or not- more fur tumbleweeds to come!