nopin

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Spring is seeping in...

Oooh Rrrooooo. Oooooohhhh Rrrrrooooo, here comes summer...


Well, they both like to kerflop in the sun...


Last weekend was Chinese Easter! You know... half-price ham and half-priced chocolate bunny weekend! We had some friends over and enjoyed a casual affair! I roasted the ham, potatoes, and carrots, and requested that guests bring veggies. They made some gorgeous ones! Fancy salads and a spinach artichoke spread!


Mmmm...





This week is finally finals! Starbuck-A-Roo is a ther-roo-py dog, so she spends some time at the UAF library letting stressed-out students pet and cuddle her. She and Cricket both came to work with me, and I asked a friend to hang out with Cricket for the hour Roo and I were at the library. They went for a walk together. :)


They hang out very quietly until I have an apple! Then they request some appple!


This morning, the buds on the birch saplings burst:


And when I got home in the evening, they were open!

3 comments:

mdr said...

SE has been sick for 11 days so far(started with a fever, then sore throat, coughing, stuffy nose, earache, hives), she now is still having stuffy nose. CH followed up with rashes and coughing for one week so far. JE got sick since last Thur and is on-going. I came down last from caring for those, especially at my age. Those are three "Weakles". Take good care of yourself, be safe, healthy and happiness follows.

Arvay said...

@mdr, I still recall you getting upset with CH and me when we got colds when we were kids. You told us we were weak and got sick way more often than other kids (although our attendance records at school were well within normal). I felt guilty every time I got sick, because I knew it made you angry and miserable.

Did it help? I don't recall that any of this added torture made us heal up faster. Did it make *you* feel better? Whom did it help?

e.davis said...

Looks like spring has sprung & ladies are lounging in the sun on a lovely spring day:) Are the trails dry again? Has the river ice broken up yet?
Roo & Cricket looking quite irresistible as they request their apple:) I'm sure the stressed students loved on Roo too. We used to do that during exam week at Sac State before Jewel retired. Have a good week!