nopin

Friday, October 18, 2019

Good eats

MM's mom apparently picked up a pie bird while the two of them were sightseeing in some tourist joint. I spied it on her windowsill. "A pie bird!" said I. "I have been wondering whether those actually work!" She promptly gave it to me. She doesn't make pies, she said (although I recall her once bringing a key lime pie to my house, but it only uses one crust and thus could not benefit from a pie bird). I should try it.

So I did! DL's favorite two-crust pie is peach, so I made one. This crust is half Delta Junction barley flour:


It did bake up nicely!


And yes! The bottom crust was flaky and tender!


I'm going to call the pie bird a success!

In other Very Exciting Food News, my favorite Mat-Su Valley carrots have shown up at Freddies:


And look who is being So Very Nice and Helpful to offer to help me taste test them!


So nice! So helpful!

The first thing I made with them was sticky noodles for an "International Food Potluck". My suggestion for a group activity for the UAF student chapter of the Society of Women Engineers.



They liked that idea so much that they invited the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and the National Society of Black Engineers to join!

1 comment:

b said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh pie looks yooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmy