nopin

Saturday, October 26, 2019

ALL THE CHEESE

One evening last week, I was talking to a young woman engineering student at a Society of Women Engineers event. She was telling me that she had recently made her own lasagne for the first time, and she recalled the lasagnes she had made with her mom growing up. And her mom would say, "Okay, two cups of cheese. That is all we need." And a tiny voice inside herself would be whispering, 'whynotmorecheese?'. So on her first lasagne, she put ALL THE CHEESE SHE WANTED.


I was so astonished and joyful for her! That memory was as evocative for me as a childhood smell. I suddenly remembered being 22 again, and embracing all that life had to offer, and I was like, GET YOURS, GIRL. CLAIM LIFE. HAVE ALL THE CHEESE.



I'm so proud of our engineering students!

2 comments:

mdr said...

Looks good, a plate of steamed broccoli or colorful salad and ONE glass of weekly red wine.. makes a good evening.. Be safe, healthy and happy

Bean and vegi soup good for winter evenings too

Arvay said...

@mdr, this one had an entire bunch of chard in the sauce, but no meat. We were taking it to a vegetarian's place for dinner!