nopin

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Miscellaneous Photo Dump

Fall almost always brings rainbows to the Interior of Alaska:


Oh, oh. I have cuddled them too much, and they have melted:


I thought my salmon looked pretty the other day before I put it into the oven.


I forgot to take an "after" photo, but that's okay. Salmon is much prettier when it's raw anyway.

Here is a photo of my Chief Quality Inspector of Veggie-Buhls:

Cricket helps, too, of course, but she observes from the couch, running over only when there is an Assignment!

She does Not Like Celery (neither of them does; I wonder why their tastes mirror each other's?), but what is this celery?? It is very peanut-butter averse! :(


It went okay into chicken-noodle soup though!


The ladies do not beg at the table during mealtimes, but they do when I eat fruit while I am working! How do they decide that that is acceptable?


The shelving in DL's lab:


And his Amazing Wiring:


I've always told DL that you can tell a lot about character and planning from the way a person wires, especially when they lay the first wire. If they say, "it's only a single wire; who cares if it's a mess?" you know they will not tidy it up when they lay later wires. They'll just slap more and more on top until they have a mess of spaghetti. A person who lays the first wire nicely is a person who plans ahead and has integrity of work! DL is someone that never has to be hounded to do anything. He's just a responsible human, and it's a relief to have a partner who carries that emotional labor. A person that you have to hound to do things may do them eventually, but they may cost you more emotional labor than if you had just done it yourself to begin with.

No comments: