nopin

Friday, July 16, 2021

Summer days

This is why I plant only my tiny Lazy Person's Garden™. My CSA share provides most of our veggies, and God provides most of our beauty.
I still remember my first fireweed. I photographed it along the Alcan as I was moving up to Alaska. 15 years later, I am still amazed at how prolific they are. They look far too luxurious to be that profligately sprinkled. If you were only to see one, you'd definitely guess that it was a rare, exotic thing.
Mung beans for hot weather! I found them amung the dry goods at the Asian grocery store.
Also jiu-cai. Mmmm... What shall I make with them?
And look what has appeared in the yard! Raspberries!

4 comments:

MDR said...

LEEK MAKES INTERNAL HEAT, CHINESE MEDICINE SAYS. NOT IDEAL FOR HOT DAYS.

MUNG BEAN IS GREAT FOR HOT DAYS, DONT EAT NOT TOO MUCH ON YET JING DAYS. MUNG BEAN TRADITIONALLY COOKED WITH A SMALL PORTION OF RICE OR BARLEY TO REPLACE RICE OR NOODLE ON HOT DAYS. NO RICE OR BARLEY BUT SUGAR, IF USED AS A DESSERT.. YUMMY...

PLEASE BE GOOD TO YOUR LEFT LEG. THANK YOU

Arvay said...

THANKS, MDR.

It's always good to have Mudderly advice amung your day. :)

Arvay said...

@Mdr: Thank you also for the reminder about barley. I would barley have thought of it!

mdr said...

AHHH HAHAHAHAH..
I GET IT... YOU WOULD BARELY HAVE THOUGHT OF IT.... HAHAHA..
BARLEY IS MORE STUBBORN, NEEDS TO SOAK OVERNIGHT IDEALLY, UNLIKE FRIENDLY MUNG BEAN.