nopin

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Notes from Here and There

It's been hot. Very hot. Miserably hot.
Cricket still wanted to lay in the sun until temperatures topped 90F, then she moved to the shade.
However, when it got to 95F, I called her inside. It was making me too hot to look at her out there.
She didn't object too much.
I did think of one way to deal with cooking in the heat--make our starch in the morning! I cannot abide boiling pots of pasta, nor a rice cooker, these evenings. Potato salad!
Pasta salad!
My first time doing this particular part of my Giant Rubber Band Leg Recovery exercises without a Mysterious and Disturbing Popping occurring deep in my ankle. The doctor said it would go away in time, and he was correct!
My Lazy Person's Garden™ is still looking very pretty:
Maybe even more so from this angle!
This is my favorite color columbine, and it's well-established now!
The first fireweed have begun to arrive!
Look at this crazy delphinium! I wonder what happened to it.
Cilantro and basil:
Future tomatoes:
Sage and thyme:
These wee tiny alpine phlox show up in the front yard every year and make my heart smile.
Even in the summer heat, Cricket is the Best Snuggler!

3 comments:

mdr said...

Beautiful Febe and garden, amazing herbs. I guess heat flourish plants. I don't know what to say about the harsh weather there, always extreme heat or cold... I guess you trained yourself like the Army kids...

Anonymous said...

Hi on a very fine summer day; here along Kachemak Bay our days lately have been mild. I remember those super hot temps when I lived in the eastern Interior. No longer someone who likes heat. Your photos are a pleasure to see; as a result, I just finished making pasta salad, using tri-color rotini. Will have that, cheese and crackers, and apple slices for dinner. Your photos and words bring smiles and thought 8nto the days. And remembering Roo always. Thank you. Chris

Arvay said...

@mdr: Thank you. I only choose low-maintenance plants. That's why I call it my Lazy Person's Garden. :D

@Anonymous: It has made my day to know that I inspired your meal, and warmed my heart to know that you remember Roo. :)