nopin

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Time Marches on, Time Marches on

First, there came a parking lot, then This Very Fancy™, Professionally Installed™ sign board:
And now, lining and graveling a trail section that used to be grass and mud. I appreciate the giant boulders blocking motorized access.
I feel very conflicted about this. I'm not gonna lie, I personally lean toward the more curmudgeonly side and would prefer that the neighborhood trails remain our own little neighborhood secret. But they are public lands, and we have no right to request such. The upside of development and publicizing of our local trails is that we'll get more support and more protection. I just hope I don't one day find a souvenir kiosk there selling keychains and bottle openers. ;) On the other hand, I've been a beneficiary of this Fancy Developed Trail™ because nowadays it's the only place I can walk with my bum leg.

They sure enjoy our morning trail walks!

3 comments:

mdr said...

Please be patient with your legs, don't overdo. It was nice to list the "equipment" you used for your broken leg, the information can benefit others. Someday when you leave the ice land, you can donate them too.

Arvay said...

Thanks, mdr! My leg is continuing to improve, but more incrementally nowadays. I improve in chunks of 3-4 days instead of daily.

mdr said...

YAH. Thank you for being patient with that leg created by me :-)