nopin

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Summer keeps rolling along

This is the earliest I've ever seen a fireweed bloom! This is the prettiest Cardamine I have ever seen, blooming right on time, and it's not in fact a fireweed!
The World's Most Neglected Doghouse got very prettily decorated by Mother Nature.
Wild Jacob's Ladder. Very pretty, is it not? I think this year I'll collect some seeds and put them in my yard.
As after every winter with high snow accumulation, the mosquitoes have been horrible!

4 comments:

gina said...

Your fireweed is so pretty! In N. Florida our fireweed grows in the fields and is scraggly. My grandson and I made it to Denali State Park June 21 when there was still lots of snow and no mosquitos! We drove in on a coach and saw a moose on the side of the road laying in the grass just below the snow. Our guide said she'd been there yesterday in the same place but didn't seem in any distress. We came back by there 3 hours later and the moose had moved up 3 feet higher into the brush, and had 2 wet babies with her. She'd lick one, then the other and they'd wiggle. That was the best thing we saw on our trip this year.

Arvay said...

@gina, I saw photos of those very meese! The first births witnessed of the season! How cool that you saw them in person!!

mdr said...

I remember those mosquitos bit me through my t-shirt when I was picking up blueberries.

Arvay said...

@gina: That pretty thing is not actually a fireweed!

@mdr: My shirts, too! That's why I bought a Bugshirt!