nopin

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fluffy snow

Last night when I left, I noticed that the snow was fluffy, sparkly, like the fake snow they make with iridescent plastic sheeting and put in Christmas displays. Look!


On closer inspection, I realized that they were giant flakes! With pretty little six-sided patterns! Seriously, I had always thought that those pretty little ice crystals that you try to duplicate with paper and scissors when you are a kid were microscopic. I hadn't realized you could see an actual snowflake just sitting on your car like it's nobody's business!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know snow flakes are like human's finger prints, each is unique from the other one. I never check this out though. When I was in Anchorage in Jan. 2004, it snowed. Was fun to watch it for a while.

The Enforcer said...

That's amazing Daisy! I thought you had photoshopped them in the first pic! ;)

I'm going to Chicago for Thanksgiving and it's supposed to snow. Maybe I can see my own pretty snowflakes!

Arvay said...

I know! I keep feeling like "the idiot from California" when I see things like this, but my classmates from Montana and Colorado are equally amazed! No-one has ever seen such fluffy sparkly snow before!

Chicago is a GREAT place to eat in Winter. So here's what you do. Walk around outside for a bit until you are uncomfortably cold, then go immediately to one of those great old Italian restaurants and eat a big ol' lasagne with tons of gooey cheese, with an entire bottle of sangiovese. Heaven! Mmmm my mouth is watering.

Anonymous said...

That's cool!