nopin

Monday, November 26, 2007

Goodnight, Girls.

Rae and Simone have gone to the Rainbow Bridge today. They were already old when I met them last year, but I never quite grasped that one day they would actually be gone. I thought we had rented a cabin, whose amenities include running water, an oil stove and a wood stove, and the occasional company of two elderly weimaraners. I guess that's changed.

Rae in particular was a good friend to me. Last year, after Dan was diagnosed, I was a mess packing up the cabin and taking care of the administrative stuff at school. I stayed up late some nights packing, blasting music, and bawling. But in the mornings, as I stepped out bleary-eyed into the sunshine, the first thing I saw was this:


Who knows what dogs know? They are amazing. Rest in peace, Rae and Simone.

7 comments:

The Enforcer said...

I actually had to Google the Rainbow Bridge, but after reading about it, I'm sure that my old pal Chingo (who was put down last month)is with your two pals, running around and playing.

I'm sorry, friend. They looked sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oh no. =(

Both at once?

So sad.

I'm glad they lived such long and happy lives.

Anonymous said...

How did they go both at once?

Arvay said...

They were euthanized together because they were suffering the same health issues. They were biological sisters, and their health declined together.

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful memories about them and they still have each other. More importantly, no more ouwis, that was what the vet said when he held Muffingirl over. I said it to John three hours before his passing too (he was unconscious already).

lucky_girl said...

Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you both. I have thought about what would happen in Guinness and/or Sadie had to live a day without each other (biological siblings too). I hope they go to Rainbow Bridge together too.
I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I know how you'll miss them. ((((hugs))))