nopin

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring comes to Fairbanks

This does not mean that the snow is melting away, nor that we are putting in gardens, nor that we see anything green growing whatsoever. What it means is that:

1. We have plenty of sun.

2. The delta between night and daytime temperatures is more than 10 F degrees or 6 C degrees.

3. Skiing is fun again (the snow is slippery instead of sandy).

I am down to running only two mornings a week now, and skiing and/or skijoring the other five. The girls are crazy strong! When I run with them on their leashes, they come close to pulling my arm out of its socket! I've also been skijoring with a friend. It's the first time I've split the two girls up to 'jor, so it's been interesting. I've found that Autumn must lead. She hates to be behind anyone. So whoever has Autumn goes first, and whoever has Linden goes politely behind. Sometimes when the trail is wide, we 'jor side by side, and the girls take the same positions they do when they pull me in tandem--Autumn on the left, Linden on the right, Autumn just a head's length ahead. It works better when I have Autumn and we lead, because Autumn doesn't like it when Linden and I fall too far behind. She will stop abruptly, and my friend will crash into her.

In other news, Mount Redoubt is still grumbling. Flights into and out of Anchorage were grounded yesterday due to the amount of ash in the air. What an ash-hole!

4 comments:

The Enforcer said...

Ash-hole...oh honey, no. LOL!!

Arvay said...

But I made you laugh! Oh yes, I did! :)

Anonymous said...

If you did not know, she has always been a funny girl ever since she was a baby

Anonymous said...

will you get a picture of yourself ski-joring already? you have a friend joining you now so this should be pretty easy now :)