nopin

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Fun in the sun

This weekend, my friend (and now colleague) Amanda is racing for her home country of Australia in the IFSS World Championships. It's a sprint race, with lean, sleek, unfuzzy hound mixes leaping and dashing in the sun.



"Woof!"


"IwannagoIwannagoIwannaGO!!"


As they lined up into the starting chute, all of the doggies were very excited and strained against their brakes:


Amanda taking off!


While she was out, I ran to pee, and by the time I was done, she was on her way back! Sprint doggies are FAST!

Incoming!


Dinner!


I walked around and was delighted to see some fuzzies as well:




While some dogs were running for their countries, some other dogs were at home snnnooooozzzing:




They ran free while I skied this morning:


Here is my new slightly-more-study bird feeder:


By the way, one of my crazy neighbors has made it into a National Geographic video.

1 comment:

mdr said...

Cannot be happier to see that "official stuff" :) :) :)

Government engineers are brilliant, they have to be smart to know where to work -- if one is ambitious, government has more money to fund projects; if one is less ambitious, government has less pressure because it doesn't have stock holders.