nopin

Monday, October 2, 2017

4th year review

As a tenure-track faculty member, I get reviewed in my 4th year, basically an interim check-in to make sure I am on track for eventual tenure (for which I go for review in year 7). This consists of documenting everything you have done in your career, typing it up into a *very* particular format, and organizing it into a binder (which comes from the Dean's office prefilled with tabs and categories). You also submit an electronic copy. This file gets reviewed by a committee that spans a range of disciplines, so you have to explain your work in "lay" language. For example, I have to make my engineering accomplishments comprehensible to a professor of English literature.

Well, here it is! And totally not last-minute, since I turned it in at 10 a.m., and it's due at 5 p.m.!


There is a section for "awards and honors", and I had not won any, and I felt like a loser leaving it empty. However, later when I was cruising through the internet looking for copies of my own papers, I came across this. So I printed out that page and stuck it in there. It totally counts, right?

Then, upon further consideration, I walked downstairs and took a photo of this to include:


It totally also counts, right?

In other reportage, here is a photo of the ladies having decided to share their bed for the first time:


They had also piled all of their toys in the middle there. I guess they don't want me tripping on them. They are so considerate, huh?

2 comments:

bt said...

Both awards TOTALLY count! Well done.

e.davis said...

Congrats well deserved! And why wouldn't those awards count :-)