nopin

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Yaaaay! It's about dadgum time!

Winter has come! Winter has come! Happy dance!


Unlike Autumn and Linden, who were prone to Dances of Joy at the first snow, Starbuck and Cricket are much more blasé. They did a perfunctory lap around the cabin, then came back inside. Cricket requested a belly rub:


Here is a photo of her posing rather nicely:


And a little goofily, watching us eat breakfast Sunday morning, weighing her odds of getting a handout:


Couchal photos!


Trading places!


Here is a photo of Roo's sofffty schnozz:


Chinese Easter was over six months ago, but we still have one chocolate bunny left. He is milk chocolate, which I don't really care for, so I am going to make him into brownies. I figure mixing him 1:1 with unsweetened chocolate will do the trick:


The bunny is gonna get it!


I've had this brownie recipe in my file for several years now and have not tried it yet. I got it from a book that describes how a successful chef moves to Paris after the death of his long-term companion. As he copes with his grief, he wanders around Paris trying to learn about the cooking scene. He brings batches of these brownies to visits, and they apparently do the trick!

After I measured out the chocolate pieces, the B's called and informed me that they had a friend visiting with a puppy, so of course I had to go see the puppy. They had just made brownies themselves, so packed me home with some. So I put my chocolate pieces, with bunny, into a baggie for another day. Now DL's been hovering around the baggie: "When are you going to make those door-opening brownies?" "door-opening"! What a lovely descriptor. We should all aspire to have a few door-opening gifts in our back pockets.

4 comments:

gina said...

I thoroughly enjoy your blog, fuzzies, weather and pictures. Thanks for sharing your Alaska !

mdr said...

The winter scene outside your cabin (maybe) is picture perfect, but, cold..
Hope your body copes with it well as long as you want to, hope you be safe when walking outdoors, driving on any road, working in any facility and at home, hope you be healthy and happy days, evenings and nights...

Ra said...

Cricket looks like she was ready to run away, so cute

by Ra

bt said...

Door opening lasagna, door opening chili, door opening soup, I like this concept!