nopin

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Welcome? Sorta winter?

Last night, a "winter weather advisory" appeared in the forecast, so DL an I swapped to my winter tires by headlamp. It half-rained, half-snowed all night, coating everything with wet snow, water, and slush. In the morning, it was still raining, so I decided to cancel my 9 a.m. meeting and wait to walk the ladies until it was light enough to walk without a headlamp, which is pretty useless when it's raining. The bright beam of light merely reflects off the falling water droplets, rather than illuminating the path ahead.

Several inches of wet slush coated the roads when we took off, so I did my run in Bean Boots. Not bad. I didn't feel as nimble as in my light running shoes, but my feet stayed dry, and my traction was okay.

On my way into town, I stopped at Gold Hill to check the air pressure on my winter tires, since they'd sat unused all summer. The place where you park near the air compressor was a giant, slushy puddle several inches deep. Again, thank goodness for the LL Beans!

Now, the snow is gone, and it continues to rain. The forecast calls for this all week. How annoying. :(

Here are some photos from the past week or so.

The sweeties and their toys, all on their bed:


Overhead view:


Look at these crazy grapes I found at the store:


Each one is like a finger!


Inside, they look normal:


It turns out, they are Moon Drops, a proprietary breed that was created by selective breeding. Apparently, this "grapery" does this frequently, creating all kinds of crazy grapes, which they then patent. To the answer "to bee, or not to bee" they obviously chose "not to bee", opting instead for hand pollination.

Here is a Portrait of each Lady, looking uncharacteristically dignified.

Starbuck-A-Roo:


Cricket-Pants:


Next up, we have DL cuddling a lady under each arm. Lucky guy!


Moose-lasagne!


Rhubarb nectarine cobbler!

No comments: