nopin

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Very Important Rhubarb Report

I harvested half the rhubarb last night, cut it up, divided it into 1-cup portions, and froze them. I couldn't bake any thing. It was too dang hot.


The remaining rhubarb is still hayooj:


Selfie for scale:


Also found these "knife shave noodles" at the Chinese grocery store, so had to try them:


I made cod with long beans in black bean sauce. Super tasty!


In other news, we have a new Window Spider. I've been watching her. She rebuilds her web every night! But it must be long after I have gone to sleep.


Last night, DL and I got to watch her in action. The fly landed in her web. She scuttled down fast as lightning to tackle it and wrap it in silk. Then she attached it to a line like a sled and climbed back up towing it! Then she turned around and reeled it up:


Then ate her meal at leisure from her perch!


Super cool! She is the same kind as last summer's Wi Spi. Do you think it's like in Charlotte's Web, where a baby will stay in mom's old home? Maybe we will have Wi Spis like this for a very long time!

2 comments:

bt said...

Cool spider pics!

mdr said...

LOVE your pictures and what a beautiful pair of sandals... So coincidentally, CH also bought a similarly beautiful pair of sandals too... Hers is blue..

I think spiders are nasty looking. Sorry.