nopin

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Summer Stuff



We have put up our firewood for the next two winters (until 2020!). When I was single, I used to order green wood to be dropped off in March or so (before the sap would run), but then let it sit there all summer, and wait until it would freeze in the fall to split and stack it. Splitting frozen wood is easy, and I don't get all sweaty when it's cold. But it drives DL crazy to see an undone chore in the yard, so he goes out and works on it during summertime. Then I feel guilty sitting there like a lazy ass, so I go out and we split wood side by side.

It's very annoying to be out there swinging a maul when it's 80 degrees and 60% humidity, when we cooooould be doing this in the falltime when it's coooooold (ya know?!?), but his diligence and sense of responsibility are the traits I love most about DL. And he doesn't ever ask me to help, so I can't blame him for my discomfort (and the interboob sweat).

Loooook how swwwwwweeeeeet the Roooooo is being:


"Hold my hand"


Cricket is pretty cute herself:


The Mosquito Magnet is super effective!


It's very satisfying to watch the bag fill up with the little mofos!


The rhubarb is super happy this year!

2 comments:

mdr said...

Many thanks to DL for chopping the wood. While he was doing the "manly" jobs, may I suggest you cook some yummys for him, he will enjoy them.

rara said...

The rubard looks good. I saw an okapi on my trip to disney world. It was cute. I love to see the yummy food you make. I can't wait to see you if you visit