nopin

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Blueberry picking photos!

Blueberry picking is my favorite Alaskan "chore". Blueberries ripen at the most beautiful time of year--late summer, when the weather has cooled, the mosquitoes have mostly died out, and the sun is warm, the air is cool, the air smells like labrador tea, and the breeze is crisp. Fall is around the corner, and summer is just behind, and you can enjoy both!

DL and I went out to our most accessible berry patch yesterday:


The views from up there are beautiful!


There were still quite a few berries, although they were low to the ground and awkward to get to. i think of it as a special form of yoga.


DL:


After I had filled my two buckets, DL was still working on his second, so I put more into my hat!


The ladies faithfully followed me around and stayed near me. They bark at anyone approaching!


DL took a photo of us 3 women:


As we were packing up to leave, a pair of two women and a dog showed up to "their" favorite "little-known" berry patch. Good thing there is enough for all! I snapped this photo of them as we walked away:


Dessert was a blueberry, raspberry, and rhubarb crumble. The fruit was really pretty!


Thanks, Alaska, for a stupendously lovely day!

2 comments:

e.davis said...

A cool, crisp, sunny & (nearly) mosquito free day spent picking berries with your favorite human & K9's = perfect:) Enjoy!

rara said...

I am glad you found lots of blueberries! That is very good. Your dogs look like they are having a lot of fun. I hope the berries were yummy.(I hope they were'nt sour!) I think that you found lots of berries. Where did you find them all? Wherever the berries came from must be a very nice place! Your dogs are very cute, and I love seeing pictures of them. I also love seeing pictures of the food you make/pick. (The berries count too!)
The blue berries are colorful, but when you put them with the other berries, they are even more colorful.