nopin

Friday, September 14, 2018

Fall has begun in earnest

Last weekend, the woods had just begun turning on their fall colors:


Over the week, the trees had burst into full color! I will take more photos for y'all, my 8 loyal readers!

Mushrooms! We have so many, and so many different kinds. Mushroom foraging is apparently quite the hobby around Fairbanks. I do not care for mushrooms anyway, but even if I did, I don't think the risk to reward ratio is to my liking! Still, I enjoy photographing them!


Look at the colors!


Last weekend, we had two frost days, and there was ice in the puddles in the mornings:


Ladies walkin' down the trail:


And DL:


*insert appropriate lines of poetry here*


First frost means it's time to pick cranberries! I left work early on Friday to pick the ones along our nearest neighborhood trail. The dogs were insanely happy. A walk directly after work is not common!


Cranberry selfie!


Roo in the berries!


Cricket in the berries!


Cranberries are the color of garnets, which are the color of wine, which is my favorite color:

4 comments:

mdr said...

Please make sure they ARE cranberries. Beautiful fruits and your selfie.

Arvay said...

@mdr, actually, they are NOT true cranberries, which are much, much bigger (like that come in the Ocean Spray bags). These are lingonberries! But everyone in Alaska calls them cranberries!

Arvay said...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccinium_vitis-idaea

"The Lingering O’Mahoney"??

Is that a joke?

gina said...

Wonderful fall pictures! Such colorful time of year.