nopin

Thursday, September 20, 2018

More fall photos

This is our normal weekend walking route on summer weekends. Our ski trail system behind the house is swampy in summer, but this route goes along the power line rights of way to a nicely gravelled trail. DL along the powerline trail:


The ladies:


This stinky pond:


Pretty colors:


My fuzzy crew!


Black spruce stand:


Homeward!


The road that goes by our house:


I picked these cranberries (actually lingonberries) in such low underbrush that they were dusty and cobwebby, so I decided to wash them before freezing. They are tough enough you can swirl them round and round:


Then you scoop them from the water, since they float!


Then I let them dry before apportioning them and freezing them!


Do you think I caught them plotting something?


Another marker of fall! First pot of rice made on the wood stove!


A nice salad:


A nice pizza:


Salmon enchiladas:

No comments: