nopin

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Misc Photos

Ohhh they are sound asleep and don't know what I have!
Until I take a bite!
I'll share with Miss Thistle!
And I'll share with Miss Cricket!
Look at those crazy eyes!
Ohhh... then back to sleep!
Some friends' rhubarb patch got a bit too big for them, so they dug up a few root balls, and we took two. Look at how crazy the roots are!
They are already growing, and I haven't even planted them in the ground yet!
Today, I had my first grand adventure since breaking my fibula... I had been doing rehab by walking up and down the driveway, but then I realized that if I could walk up and down the driveway six times, I could walk up the road a bit, so I did. Very pretty! It's strange to walk without dogs, and also strange to walk at this excruciatingly slow pace, but... well I will try to find some moments of zen meditation.
I have a very nice walking stick, custom made by a dear friend! It's a root! Super light and strong.
Okay, now food photos!

The more stories I heard and read about industrial ranching, the less I want to buy meat from non-local producers, even so-called "organic" and "free-range" meat. Whenever I see meat from local ranches at Alaska Feed, I buy it. At least I know that Alaska doesn't do CAFOs. Anyway, the last time I was there, I saw beef short ribs! So exciting! I braised and simmered them in pho seasonings with soy sauce, ginger, and green onions. Then I added carrots, bok choy, boiled eggs for brown eggs, and tofu skin bunches. So good!

Rockfish tacos!
Here is one of my weirder lunches... Leftover pico de gallo in Campbell's condensed chicken noodle soup, with tofu skin. Definitely weird, but not bad!
Miss Thistle sez, "No hugs, please. No squeezies. No, you may not play 'this little piggy' with my toes. I will deign to accept a Very Respectful Earrub, that is all."

3 comments:

mdr said...

Thanks for not bringing dogs on your trial walk. They might crash into you because they were so used to run around you.

Arvay said...

@mdr: Oh no! Crashing into me is not the concern! The concern is that they will still try to pull, and my left leg is not strong enough to withstand pulling yet.

mdr said...

Yes, it sure is a big concern. I never had a large dog so I did not think of it.
Yes, please be extra safe before FULLY healed.